top of page



I want to take a year off. Do I accept or reject my offer?

If you’re thinking about taking a gap year, you can place it on hold. This is known as deferring and saves you the trouble of reapplying when you’re ready to commence your studies. Most universities allow you to defer for a semester or full year of study, although some allow a period of up to two years. Just keep in mind that not all universities or programs allow you to defer, and that your course may change during the period you are absent.

bottom of page